You are looking to sell your Orlando house, and your goal is to get the most value out of it.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in Orlando“?
Here are some pointers on how to prepare your home for sale if your goal is to get the most value out of your house:
*NOTE: These instructions are for those wanting full retail value for their house sale. If you don’t want to do the things below or don’t have the time or money to do the things below, you can still sell your Orlando house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and money.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Only spotless perfection will influence buyers. Even vacant houses get dusty and dirty, so be consistent with upkeep! If you aren’t a detailed cleaner, bring in someone who is to help until you sell.
If you aren’t a neat person, you might think about finding somewhere to live while your house is being shown. Your buyers will feel more comfortable in your house if everything is kept immaculate. Nothing turns people away quicker from buying than feeling disgusted.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. Everything doesn’t have to be painted off-white. Subtle colors can help alter the perception of a room. For example, a soft yellow can brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green can tone down a bright bedroom to feel like a peaceful place to sleep (be wary, dark colors also make spaces feel smaller).
Invest in high-quality paint and professional assistance. People unknowingly pay more for a property with the right colors and clean lines because the home seems better built, even though it’s only paint. Optical illusions are real – look it up.
Also, don’t ignore the outside and only improve the interior, or anything else that isn’t balanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. It may seem like a waste of money to buy a dishwasher that someone else may just replace. The reality is that many buyers will get a home inspection and use the chance to negotiate with you. You’ll often end up paying more as the seller if you attempt to cover up ignored maintenance from the buyer, and you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Make sure you are in compliance with all laws.
Hiring an inspector to come through your home before putting it on the market is usually a good use of money. If you ask beforehand, they’ll often charge you a small rate to return after you’ve done minor repairs to deliver a clean bill of health. Potential buyers feel more comfortable with purchasing after seeing an independent report on the property’s condition.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The largest mistake that people make when preparing their house for sale is improving too much. Many times, they spend too much on that don’t provide any returns.
Paint is the only safe investment – it’s easy to spend too much on everything else, and it’s easy to scammed by crooked contractors.
Understanding the improvements that provide returns on investment is important to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. Find a few decent real estate brokers who can help price your property, but be honest with them. If you intend to market the house by yourself, don’t create rivals by lying about your intentions. Brokers who are great are a rarity, but their clients make more money than they do.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, awesome brokers get their value by doing this and spreading advertising expenses across many clients. If you’re a marketing professional you’re ahead of the crowd, but if you’re starting from nothing it’s expensive and takes time.
If you’re beginning from scratch, make time to listen to what the best brokers are doing to sell properties in Orlando to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Orlando area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Orlando FL House Fast?
Everyone wants to get the most out of their house sale, but not everyone can or wants to put in the work required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Everything from repairing, cleaning, upgrading, and marketing the property requires money and lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things… AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market, then you’ll be better off financially to do all of the above rather than list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things… AND can’t wait months on end to sell your house, then you might be a perfect fit for our local Orlando house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house and give you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it works for you.
We can close FAST (often within 7 days) if you need us to.
Look over what we’ll pay you to do nothing, and compare it to the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it by yourself.
If you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Orlando“, you now have 2 sound options.
- Fix the property and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a house near Orlando, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell quickly.
We’d like to make you a fair offer on your Orlando house
Give us a call anytime at (407) 852-5400 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>